If you’re looking for a job in customer service – whether in Kansas City or Overland Park – you’ve come to the right place. At Morgan Hunter, we have an Administrative Staffing Division designed specifically to help candidates connect with great administrative jobs in the area.
In fact, we currently have a variety of positions in the field open, ranging from Customer Service Coordinator to Customer Service & Marketing Representative and Customer Relations / Account Manager. If you’re interested, here’s what you can expect from these kinds of positions.
What do customer service jobs entail?
It depends on the position and the company. But overall, it’s about interacting with customers and managing a company’s relationships with them. This can be anything from troubleshooting and answering customer questions to taking orders, processing returns, and dealing with complaints. Oftentimes, customer service representatives work in a call center, communicating with customers in a number of ways. It could be via telephone, email, live chat, or even face-to-face at times.
Jobs in customer service are available in most industries and typically include:
- Listening to and responding to customer needs
- Offering information about a company’s products and/or services
- Taking orders or accounting for order changes
- Dealing with complaints and returns
- Reviewing the details of a customer account
- Researching and communicating answers to questions
- Recording all contact with customers
What are the job requirements?
To successfully work in customer service, you need to enjoy working with people, first and foremost. Most of your time will be spent interacting with customers, as well as co-workers and managers to resolve issues and come up with solutions. It’s also vital that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Beyond that, most jobs in customer service in the Kansas City and Overland Park areas require at least a high school diploma and a few years of experience in the field. However, some companies are willing to train and do offer in-house training programs, which can last several weeks. If the job is in a highly regulated industry, such as insurance or financial services, then you often need to hold a license in those areas if you’re going to be answering questions for customers. It’s also important to be proficient in software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
How can I find a job in customer service?
Contact Morgan Hunter. Our Administrative Staffing Division works with top employers throughout the Kansas City and Overland Park areas, matching talented individuals with rewarding administrative jobs. Here’s an example of the types of customer service jobs we often fill:
Customer Service Coordinator
The Customer Service Coordinator will serve as the primary contact for a dedicated list of customer accounts. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all aspects of customer ordering from start to finish – enter order, negotiations with vendors, shipping logistics, arranging delivery, etc.
- Provide product information and educate customers on new products
- On-board and set up new customer accounts
- Address customer concerns, process refunds and balance accounts
- Work with sales and production to anticipate customer needs and maintain accurate inventory levels
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous customer service or account management experience in an office setting
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Proficient in MS Office – primarily Word and Excel database management
- High-quality customer service
If you’re interested in this job – or any others we have posted, then login (or create an account if you haven’t already) and apply. We’re always on the lookout for skilled and dependable customer service professionals for top companies throughout Kansas City and Overland Park. If, at any time, you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.