If you work in the field of accounting – and are searching for a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Accountant – Morgan Hunter can help. In fact, we have a specialized Accounting & Finance Division to connect professionals like you with new jobs and top employers throughout Kansas City, Overland Park, and beyond. If you’re interested, here’s what to expect from this type of job.
What do jobs as Senior Accountants entail?
The role of a Senior Accountant is vital to a business’s bottom line. In it, professionals are responsible for preparing financial statements, as well as conducting monthly and quarterly account reconciliations. They’re also responsible for delegating tasks among the accounting department, performing and assisting with audits throughout the year, and budgeting for and managing financial risks and potentials.
What are the job requirements?
A love of numbers and accuracy are critically important, as are strong ethics and integrity. In addition, some other job requirements for Senior Accountant positions include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience
- CPA certification preferred in many positions
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Effective communication skills
How can I find a job as a Senior Accountant?
Contact Morgan Hunter. Thanks to our dedicated Accounting & Finance Division, we know the companies in the area who are hiring in this field. At any given time, we have a variety of accounting-related jobs, including one right now for a Senior Accountant. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating a high level understanding of all finance functions and GAAP.
- Providing financial information and support for new project bids for the business group(s).
- Working closely with Program Managers and Vice Presidents to budget and manage financial risks for business group’s projects and investments.
- Providing financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting for all business units, including month-end close.
If you’re interested in this Senior Accountant position in Overland Park, KS – or any others we have posted – simply login, or create an account if you haven’t already, and apply. Morgan Hunter has helped thousands of job seekers, just like you, find the next great opportunity in their careers, whether they work in Accounting & Finance or Sales & Marketing. We work with top employers throughout the Kansas City and Overland Park areas, connecting talented professionals with growing, thriving organizations. If, at any time, you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.